Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Having some fun!

Hi there!

This afternoon I was jamming a bit on some backing tracks, and then I've found this one.
I really like it, so I've decided to record a short solo on it (BTW first recording of 2014, yay!), just in order to have some fun!

The track is in Em, a great occasion to use an Armonic Minor scale, which I personally love for its versatility!
Listen to this and let me know what do you think about it!



By the way, as you can see in the picture below, I've tried to experiment a bit to find a nice sound for my guitar, but in the end, I've just decided to put the microphone in front of the amplifier and connect the guitar through an eq pedal.
So, the gear I've used is:
"Jackson RR24" Guitar
"Ernie Ball Slinky 0.11-0.48" Strings
"Line6 Spider IV 30" Amplifier
"Boss GE-7" 7 bands EQ pedal
"Hardwire HT-6" Polyphonic Tuner
"Shure SM57" Microphone
"Steinberg CI 1" USB Audio Interface

Credits for the backing track go to gilneiroot, you can find the track here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMhszkq1sGg

No comments:

Post a Comment